Thursday, July 17, 2008

SJP, je t'aime.


Allo my little cream puffs, my adorable cabbages, my honeyed bloggeurs,

Since you have not been entertaining me in this, my glorious "inter-net" afterlife, I have been forced to find my own modern heaven: the multiplex. I have wiled away these long hours regarding the magic lantern shows of your culture, and croyez-moi, mes amis, they are so very, ver-ray magnifique! The colors! The music! The clothes! The drawling voices of your shiny, poreless, flawless screen people! It is so much all at once! Ah! I am overcome.

I have seen so many things, my darlings. I feel as though I understand you now. Of course you cannot understand me - I am from a different time, one in which we thought deeper thoughts and spent more time thinking them. My feelings are more elaborate, special, and long-winded than yours, if you pardon me for saying so (and of course you do, for it is so true). I will therefore be patient with you, as I see now the difference between us.

So take your time, dear friends, and let me know when you are ready to discuss my oeuvre. I will be in the theatre watching "Sex and the City: Le Film" a second time.

bisoux,
marcel

No comments: